free copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Most amazing people....

Hello crafty ones, I have recently been made aware of a few internet do's and do not's....And learned some very vaulable information and internet etiquette, for which I am thankful. During this time I was able to meet and talk to an amazing person/artist/author. As you all know my heart lies Altered Arts, and I seem to forever be pushing it. The reason being that it is truly an amazing and unique art. And my newest friend, David and his wife Maria from Altered art.net has so kindly shared with me a few things that I found amazing. I am only going to give you the beginning of the story, and to find out the rest you will have to visit their site. SO here's how this amazing story unfolds....

The practice of altering existing works of art goes all the way back to the Middle Ages, when the monks would conserve their precious stocks of parchment by reusing old manuscripts, often incompletely obscuring what was there before.
A few centuries later we often find well-known artists like Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519) painting over their earlier and less important works, again sometimes leaving portions of the original image still visible.
With the Victorian era came a passion for making scrapbooks, into which were pasted newspaper and magazine cuttings, calling cards, greetings cards and other ephemera, but it wasn't until the early years of the twentieth century that the form of creative expression that we now know as altered art really began to develop…(to continue reading click  -->) http://www.altered-art.net/altered-art.html  
This is an amazing story that everyone should read.
In life we all have our obstacles to overcome, and my way of dealing with things is to create something. Art in my opinion is, "The Journey Within"  I consider myself a very lucky person, I have wonderful Son's, I get to work with paper crafts all day and make a living at it. I have wonderful friends, I always try to do the right thing, be a good person, and follow my heart. I do not consider my handicap a handicap at all, but an obstacle to overcome, which I feel I have done because until now none of you have ever known that about me. I have meet a lot of people in my life, some nice, some not so nice, some truly amazing and gifted, and some just plain old crabby and hateful. Which I never want to be that way. So you ask what is the point of all this? Well the point is always embrace every expirence good or bad with an open heart, open mind, never be so quick to judge someone, and if you learn something new everyday, and can make just 1 person smile, your day was worth while. So with my new found knowledge, and friends of David and Maria, I have decided to add a new item and project to do as a group. SO provided we do not get rained on Wednesday I will be at the market with a special box for each of you, if you can not make it Wednesday stop on Saturday morning, you will not want to miss out on this project! And when you all have time stop by David and Maria and say hi, and don't forget to tell them Ronnie sent you. I have rambled on long enough, so get back to your paper and glue sticks, and get geared up for this amazing project! A happy day to you all, and remember to smile.
Hugs to you all,
Ronnie

No comments: